We were at grandma’s the other day having a bbq, where she made her delicious barbecue pork ribs. When we’re on the road, the one thing the kids miss the most about home is Grandma, and all her delicious cooking and baking. She’s the best at preparing their favorite foods, and teaching them a lot about Hawaiian cuisine.
While she was prepping the pork ribs, the kid-foodies and I made a simple pineapple, mango salsa that went perfect with the barbecue seasoned ribs.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mango, peeled & chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Chop pineapple and mango into small pieces. The riper the fruits, the better they will taste in the salsa. Finely dice red pepper.
- Add fruits and pepper to a bowl along with lime juice, salt, pepper and chopped cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours so flavors meld together.
Goes great with barbecue pork ribs, or better yet plain with some tortilla chips!